Would you like to empower or inspire others?
We created Youth Engaged 4 Change to share resources to help you improve your life and the world around you. We welcome you to share your inspiring story or empowering resource with us. Or perhaps you would like to invite someone you know to share their story. The choice is yours!
How would you like to inspire or empower others?
All communities deserve to have clean water. Water is essential to our daily life, including drinking, bathing, cleaning, cooking and so much more. Most of us expect to have clean, safe water just by turning on the tap. And yet, this may not be the case for many communities. Making this expectation a reality requires young people like you to get involved and join the water workforce! Tell us about the different ways you rely on water on a daily basis, OR why you would consider a career in water.
Here’s how it works. Rules:
- Follow us @youthengaged4change on Instagram.
- Submit any ONE of the following creative ideas that expresses your feelings about water and water careers. Please also include 1-2 sentences describing your submission in the entry form. Maximum file size for all file uploads is 10 MB.
- A video essay, featuring acting, singing, poetry, or other spoken word (no more than 1 minute in length). You can submit the video directly or upload the video online and share the link to the video in the description box. If you upload the video online, be sure it's set to public so we can view it.
- Illustration, such as a graphic design, comic, meme, infographic, animated gif, etc.
- Vision board
- Written essay or poem (no more than 500 words)
Submissions must be original and cannot be copyrighted by any other individual or entity. By submitting an entry, you are granting IWGYP and the EPA the right to use your work. Submissions are accepted through Wednesday, May 12, 11:59 PM ET. Once you submit, share your entry on social media tagging @youthengaged4change.
A judging panel that includes youth and adults will be convened to choose the three winners. The submissions with the highest score will be the winners. Three winners will receive $100 Amazon gift cards.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Does the submission answer the call to action? (Is the submission complete, including all aspects of the call to action, such as an image that appropriately addresses the theme?)
- Is the submission clear? (Is the submission coherent and readily understood by the judging panel?)
- Is the submission creative? (Is the submission original, unique in concept, appealing to a youth audience, of high quality and description?)
Contest is open to any contestant who is between 13-24 years of age. Only United States citizens or permanent residents living in the U.S. states or territories can participate, and we cannot accept submissions from current federal employees, interns, or their children.