826 National is a youth writing network with eight writing and tutoring centers. The network helps students explore their creativity and improve their writing. Interns support many projects including writing, editing, setting up fundraisers and events, and updating webpages.
The network is currently hiring for several different intern positions in its national office. Intern positions focus on different aspects of the organization, including:
- Development Intern: for gaining exposure to nonprofit fundraising for youth and arts education.
- General Intern: for gaining experience in all areas of nonprofit work (e.g., event planning, development, social media).
- Programs Intern: for learning about how a national organization works to support its volunteer base and staff.
- Research and Evaluation Intern: for learning about how a national organization uses research to understand organizational impact.
- 826 Digital Intern: for those interested in learning about growing digital content and gaining WordPress skills.
- Social Media and Communications Intern: for those interested in developing their marketing skills and learning about how a national organization utilizes social media.
Other positions vary by city and focus on a wide range of projects.
Internships require at least 15 hours per week for at least 12–16 weeks.
Internships are unpaid.
San Francisco, CA (national); New Orleans, LA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; and Valencia (San Francisco), CA
Vary by position
There are three internship seasons:
- Fall: September–December (Apply before September 1)
- Spring: January–May (Apply before December 1)
- Summer: June–August (Apply March 1–May 1)